Stay fit - at home or at the gym!Thursday, February 05, 2009
However, research shows that working out are usually good for your mental health. The older we get, the more we need to be more active.
Just google, benefits of working out, and you’ll see pages and pages of information.
Aside from having a toned and trim body (my goal in 5 years when I turn 50!!),
exercise can be fun! ( Just watch your face crumple up when you’re lifting those heavy 5lb weights!)
In order to start being fit - you'll need a fit-motivator !
So go to the gym, or head to your living room or basement!
1) Put on a DVD, or go to Comcast OnDemand (Verizon customers I’m sure you have free Fitness programs, too)
2) Remember to do stretch exercises first!
3) Start moving those hips, buns and thighs - Hip-hop Abs, Zumba, yoga, pilates, Wii Fit, weights or cardio!
4) Going for a run – outdoors or on a thread mill – IPOD (or any mp3 player) can motivate you to run that extra ¼ mile!
5) Remember to breathe and take few seconds of water break
6) Print out a calendar and put a stamp on the days that you work out!
7) Invite a friend to be your “fit-motivator” – someone that will motivate you!
(Disclaimer: make sure to call your doctor, etc,etc,etc.)
My favorite DVDs came from http://www.beachbody.com/ – Power 90, Power 90x and Hip-hop Abs.
A big shout-out to my pal, Sonia!